Powered by Blogger.

Golden Splatters

Hi friends! I'm back today with a card I had intended to add to my New Release Blog Hop post, but in the chaos of behind the scenes work on the release, I totally spaced adding it in.  But that means it gets its own little post!  Hooray!

Handmade card by Julee Tilman. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

I love the little butterfly in the new Graceful Butterflies Die Set .  It's teeny tiny and just perfect for adding some flair to a card.  Here I let the die do most of the work, cutting several teeny butterflies from a piece of cardstock I had prepped with Magical Shakers.  The shakers have this little hint of a glimmer to them, and I just love how it looks!

Handmade card by Julee Tilman. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

I embossed the Ecclesiastes 3:11 verse from Butterfly Grace in gold in the corner of an A2 card base, then added the colorful little butterflies.  I felt some splatters were called for, so covered up the verse and splattered on a mix of mono liquid glue and water, then sprinkled with gold embossing powder before heat setting.  Love the look, and it was so easy to achieve!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a fabulously creative day!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Butterfly Grace (Verve Stamps)
Paper: cream cardstock
Ink: Versamark, Magical Shakers (Lindy's Stamp Gang)
Accessories: Graceful Butterflies Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), mono liquid glue (Tombow), gold detail embossing powder (Judikins)

5 comments

Purple Princess said...

Gorgeous card! I love the gold splatter!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the gold splatters and cute tiny butterflies. TFS

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Julee, I love the beautiful, small butterflies on your gorgeous splattered card!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Julee, I love the splatters, and I was surprised to read how you mixed the mono liquid glue with water and embossed it...cool! Or shall I say...heated! Hehe! Beautifully done, and I love this Scripture. And the butterflies are just so sweet. Great results! Hugs! xoxo (P. S. I giggled when I saw your workspace on IG or perhaps FB...glad I'm not alone!)

Marisa said...

Adore this, Julee. The flutter of butterflies is delightful :)