Powered by Blogger.

Vintage Notes Card Concept


Hi friends! It's time for another fabulous inspiration challenge over at The Card Concept.  This one was right up my alley and I knew right away I was going to use some Tim Holtz tissue paper for my mixed media creation.


I started with a manila tag coated with gesso.  I then added faded jeans, broken china and peeled paint distress oxide inks to create the background, spritzing with water and repeating until I achieved the depth I was looking for.  Next I hand trimmed around the big winged thing from the tissue paper, then layered it down with collage medium over the entire tag.  Another round of distress inks to make everything nestle in, then I added accents with a black prima oil pastel and some white gel pen accents.


The sentiment tag is also covered with a music notes section of the tissue paper and treated with the same color of distress oxide inks.  I tried to lighten it up a bit where the sentiment would go, then embossed the sentiment from Bloom & Grow in white. The sentiment didn't pop as much as I'd like, so I outlined everything with a black pen, then shaded around the panel with black oil pastel before layering it over the tag.  I added a bit of crinkled seam binding to the tag and cut a card base to match the size, adding some hints of distress all around.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! For a little more inspiration with this challenge, be sure to head on over to The Card Concept to check out what the other designers are sharing today.  We'd love to see what you create from the inspiration!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Bloom & Grow (Verve Stamps)
Paper: manila tag, cream cardstock, Melange Tissue Paper (Tim Holtz/Idea-ology)
Ink: faded jeans, broken china, pealed paint distress oxides (Ranger), Versamark, Gesso, black and white pens, Oil pastels (Prima), Gesso
Accessories: crinkled seam binding, white embossing powder, Collage medium

8 comments

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful!

SewPaperPaint said...

Julee, this is AMAZING! Oh my gosh, I love it so! :) Hugs, Autumn

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love the pretty dark blues and greens in your card, Julee! Gorgeous!

Julie Gearinger said...

Julee, I agree with the others- this is gorgeous! Love the dark, rich colors and all of your finishing touches!!

Vicki Finger said...

This is so gorgeous! I wouldn't have a clue how to use half of the supplies you mentioned but you seem to be expert at it. WOW!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous!!

Karen Davis said...

I too love the colours you have used Julee. Your cards always have so many gorgeous layers and are made with amazing flair.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I couldn't wait to see what you would create with this challenge and I am NOT disappointed ! Your tag is awesome!!! Love the deep blue colors and textures!